This module is about Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) which is the process of turning spoken words into written text. This module will define ASR, discuss why it is used, who can benefit and list many resources for ASR products.
- What's Included
- 17 pages
- Optional $10 certficate
- Identify the important benefits of using automatic speech recognition for students and others with disabilities
- Describe the characteristics of good candidates for the use of automatic speech recognition for text entry
- Explain the differences between speech recognition and text-to-speech software
- Describe optimal operational environments for use of automatic speech recognition software
- Identify sources of readily available automatic speech recognition software
- Identify the hardware requirements for use of automatic speech recognition software
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.