This module is about Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) which is the process of turning spoken words into written text. This module will define ASR, discuss why it is used, who can benefit and list many resources for ASR products.
- What's Included
- 17 pages
- Optional $10 certficate
- Identify the important benefits of using automatic speech recognition for students and others with disabilities
- Describe the characteristics of good candidates for the use of automatic speech recognition for text entry
- Explain the differences between speech recognition and text-to-speech software
- Describe optimal operational environments for use of automatic speech recognition software
- Identify sources of readily available automatic speech recognition software
- Identify the hardware requirements for use of automatic speech recognition software
Modules on this site are always free. If you would like proof of completion, you can purchase a certificate when you have successfully completed this module. The certificate will provide contact hours for this module.
Graduate credit for courses is available through OCALI's partnership with Ashland University. Access information about course options and semester dates in the Search.