Beginning with the current definition of assistive technology and continuing with the laws and legal mandates that influence AT implementation, readers of this module will be provided with a broad, foundational introduction to the field of AT. This module provides readers with information about specific AT devices and services, implementation and impact of AT devices and services across various environments, the low-mid-high tech continuum of assistive technology, AT standards of practice as well as AT program and self-evaluation tools.
- What's Included
- 17 pages
- Optional $10 certficate
- Define assistive technology (AT)
- Identify different types of AT
- Identify if an assistive technology is considered low-, mid-, or high-tech.
- Describe the standards of practice regarding the provision of AT tools and/or services
- Locate institutions that provide AT certification programs
- List professional growth opportunities in the area of AT
- Describe AT program and self-evaluation tools
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.