Beginning with the current definition of assistive technology and continuing with the laws and legal mandates that influence AT implementation, readers of this module will be provided with a broad, foundational introduction to the field of AT. This module provides readers with information about specific AT devices and services, implementation and impact of AT devices and services across various environments, the low-mid-high tech continuum of assistive technology, AT standards of practice as well as AT program and self-evaluation tools.
- What's Included
- 17 pages
- Optional $10 certficate
- Define assistive technology (AT)
- Identify different types of AT
- Identify if an assistive technology is considered low-, mid-, or high-tech.
- Describe the standards of practice regarding the provision of AT tools and/or services
- List professional growth opportunities in the area of AT
- Locate institutions that provide AT certification programs
- Describe AT program and self-evaluation tools
Modules on this site are always free. If you would like proof of completion, you can purchase a certificate when you have successfully completed this module. The certificate will provide contact hours for this module.
Graduate credit for courses is available through OCALI's partnership with Ashland University. Access information about course options and semester dates in the Search.