This module discusses assistive technology (AT) for information management and associated strategies. Tools and strategies for finding information, organizing information, and retaining information are discussed. Additionally, barriers to effective information management are outlined with tips for how to avoid these stumbling blocks.
- What's Included
- 53 pages
- Optional $20 certficate
- Describe the process of feature matching to generate and select solutions for challenges in information management within the WATI AT assessment process.
- Define and understand the components of information management, including finding information, organizing information (tools and strategies), and retaining information as outlined in this module.
- Describe available tools (e.g., tabs, sticky notes, index cards, study guides, and applications to boost information management) discussed in this module.
- Describe how strategies (e.g., visualizing, mind maps, keywords, and storyboards) can be used to complement tools for information management.
- Define and understand barriers to effective time management, such as information overload, difficulties with other organizational skills, managing distractions, and perfectionism.
- Access additional resources for students who need AT for information management support.
Modules on this site are always free. If you would like proof of completion, you can purchase a certificate when you have successfully completed this module. The certificate will provide contact hours for this module.
Graduate credit for courses is available through OCALI's partnership with Ashland University. Access information about course options and semester dates in the Search.