Based on the federal mandates of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), AT devices and services must not only be considered for all students with disabilities but they must also be included in the Individualized Education Program (IEP) if deemed necessary by the IEP team. This module will describe the available options for documenting AT devices and services in the IEP. Proper documentation of AT in the IEP ensures that students will receive the necessary AT devices and the corresponding services to enable them to gain better access to the curriculum as well as enhance their participation in the school environment.
- What's Included
- 24 pages
- Optional $15 certficate
- List the required members of the IEP team, list at least three other possible team members, and understand that at least one member of the IEP team should be knowledgeable about AT
- Identify the types of information commonly found in the present levels of academic and functional performance (PLAAFP)
- Write objectives and goals that incorporate AT
- Develop questions that help guide the AT implementation process.
- Define progress monitoring and recognize ways to monitor AT effectiveness
Modules on this site are always free. If you would like proof of completion, you can purchase a certificate when you have successfully completed this module. The certificate will provide contact hours for this module.
Graduate credit for courses is available through OCALI's partnership with Ashland University. Access information about course options and semester dates in the Search.