Use of mobile technologies has become popular in education and many aspects of our lives. Implementation of mobile technologies into education provides portable opportunities for research, reading, writing, math and presentations. Finding a reliable access method for students with disabilities is key to inclusion, class participation, learning and success. This module on assistive technology (AT) tools for mobile devices will describe the WATI AT assessment process for selecting and implementing tools for mobile devices. This includes tools and resources for mobile device access, such as accessibility features, hardware for adaptive access to the devices and apps for education that are switch-accessible.
- What's Included
- 30 pages
- Optional $10 certficate
- Use the WATI assessment process to select mobile devices that match a student's needs and plan for device implementation.
- Identify and describe accessibility features of Chromebook, iPad and Android devices.
- Identify and describe a minimum of three accessibility features available through settings, apps or extensions on a mobile device.
- Identify steps and staff responsibilities for the implementation of tools for mobile device access.
- Identify resources for gaining a deeper understanding of mobile device access, tool features and functions.
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.