A team-based assessment process is required to determine the appropriate tools which best match the needs of individuals with communication challenges. This module provides users with information about the augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) assessment process for adults with developmental disabilities (DD), the variety of communication supports, and the selection criteria for communication devices and apps.
- What's Included
- 41 pages
- Optional $20 certficate
- Describe the Communication Bill of Rights.
- Identify and describe the purposes of communication and how they factor in the AAC assessment process.
- Describe the various types of AAC, including aided and unaided (low-, mid-, and high-tech).
- Describe the importance of a team approach for the AAC assessment and identify essential team members.
- Identify elements which may present barriers and/or opportunities in the assessment and implementation of AAC.
- Define feature matching as a tool to identify AAC systems which best meet the needs of the individual.
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.