This module will assist teams in using the WATI assessment process to assess a student's need for assistive technology (AT) to participate in recreation and leisure activities. The WATI assessment process systematically progresses through information gathering, decision-making, and implementation planning. The WATI Assistive Technology Decision-Making Guide supports the team with guiding questions designed to yield information about the student, environment(s) and tasks. This module is Part I of two parts. Part II, Recreation & Leisure - WATI - Part II, further explores a range of low- to high-tech solutions for students participating in recreation and leisure activities.
- What's Included
- 30 pages
- Optional $15 certficate
- Define the terms "leisure" and "recreation."
- Explain why participation in leisure and recreation is important for students with disabilities.
- Describe how physical, sensory, cognitive and environmental barriers can affect a student's ability to access leisure and recreation activities.
- Describe the multiple variables that affect identification of appropriate leisure and recreation activities.
- Apply the Student, Environment and Tasks components of the WATI AT Decision-Making Guide to address a student's need for assistive technology to participate in recreation and leisure activities.
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.