This module is Part III of the WATI assessment process for organization - materials management. This module continues the process of using the WATI AT Decision-Making Guide to select and implement assistive technology (AT) tools for organization in the area of materials management. By using the information gathered during the decision-making component of the assessment process that focused on the student, environments, and tasks, teams will be able to explore tools to support the specific issues that were identified. This module includes the WATI Continuum of Considerations for AT in the area of materials management, which delineates specific AT tools that may be considered. The next steps include guiding the team through tool selection, implementation, and follow-up. A case study, resources, and supports round out the module to assist teams in making AT decisions to support students with organizational deficits in the area of materials management.
- What's Included
- 28 pages
- Optional $15 certficate
- Describe the impact that organization of materials can have on educational/academic performance.
- Explain the research basis for why helping students organize their materials is important.
- Illustrate how to use the WATI AT Decision-Making Guide to move the team through the process of using AT for organization of materials.
- Acquire basic knowledge of various AT tools for organization of materials.
- Articulate the importance of follow-up and follow-along for successful implementation of an organization system.
Modules on this site are always free. If you would like proof of completion, you can purchase a certificate when you have successfully completed this module. The certificate will provide contact hours for this module.
Graduate credit for courses is available through OCALI's partnership with Ashland University. Access information about course options and semester dates in the Search.