This module discusses elements essential to the assistive technology (AT) selection process. Most students with visual impairments require individually selected AT solutions that match their educational needs. Such solutions should match their abilities, preferences and the social context where they are to be used.
- What's Included
- 19 pages
- Optional $10 certficate
- Name two major groups of assistive technologies that can help a student with visual impairments.
- Define different forms of visual impairments.
- Describe why establishing a student's strengths is important in the technology selection process.
- Discuss environmental factors that can affect the functioning of a student with visual impairments.
- List no-tech accommodations to support a student with visual impairments.
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.