Welcome to Hearing - WATI - Part II. Hearing - WATI - Part I addressed the challenges facing students who are deaf or hard of hearing when accessing auditory information at school, including students' abilities and difficulties, environmental considerations, and tasks. The goal of the current module is to identify assistive technology tools for students who are deaf or hard of hearing that can provide access to auditory information in a variety of environments. These technologies improve accessibility to information that most people gain through their hearing. The module will describe these technologies and give general recommendations for selecting technology, implementing technology, and assessing the benefits.
- What's Included
- 32 pages
- Optional $15 certficate
- Define the goal of AT for students with hearing loss in the classroom and other environments.
- Categorize technology as hearing technology, alerting devices, or communication supports.
- List technology that some students with hearing loss use that is not considered AT.
- Identify relevant stakeholders working with the student and their potential effect on AT selection, implementation, and assessment.
- Select technology based on the student's abilities and challenges, environmental considerations, and tasks.
- Implement technology in the classroom and other environments.
- Assess the benefit of technology.
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.