Based on the assumption that Individualized Education Program (IEP) teams have basic knowledge about AT, have already determined that a student with a disability requires AT, and that the student has been using AT in the current educational setting, this module focuses on the transition planning process for students who will be continuing to use AT as they move to new placements or settings. The principles of AT transitions presented in this module are directly related to the transition planning that is required for students 16 and older in the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (IDEA), however the processes and strategies discussed in this module are generally appropriate for the transitions of AT users at any age.
- What's Included
- 42 pages
- Optional $15 certficate
- Describe federal legal requirements for transition planning
- Name the three major factors of student focused AT transitions
- Discuss the AT skills for independence
- Define self-determination skills
- Identify essential components of AT transition planning
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.