This module is Part II of assistive technology (AT) for the motor aspects of writing. Writing - WATI - Part I focused on the first four sections of the WATI assessment process, including information gathering, as well as special considerations the student, environment, and tasks. This module will cover the remaining sections of the WATI AT Decision-Making Guide as it systematically progresses through solution generation, solution selection, and implementation planning. The module includes assessment tools and forms, case examples, examples of assistive technology (AT) tools for writing following a continuum from low- to high-tech tools, learning activities, and additional supporting articles for further independent study.
- What's Included
- 25 pages
- Optional $15 certficate
- Apply the WATI assessment process to guide the solution generation, selection, and implementation of tools for the motor aspects of writing.
- Describe tools for the motor aspects of writing following the WATI AT continuum of low-, mid-, and high-tech tools.
- Apply the SETT framework as a feature-match tool and the WATI AT Trial Use Guide to assist in the solution selection of AT Tools for the motor aspects of writing.
- Discuss strategies to promote successful implementation of AT tools into the classroom.
- Identify three resources for gaining a deeper understanding of AT tools for the motor aspects of writing.
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.