A coordinated team approach is required to support the success of adults with developmental disabilities (DD) who experience complex communicative needs (CCN) and do not rely on speech. This module provides information about recommended practices for the implementation of augmentative and alternative communication (AAC), including strategies for building communicative competence and the important role of communication partners.
- What's Included
- 48 pages
- Optional $20 certficate
- Understand their role as a team member in the successful implementation of AAC.
- Identify skills required for the AAC learner to achieve communicative competence.
- Understand the importance of excellent communication partners.
- Describe and implement teaching strategies that support the AAC learner.
- Explain and demonstrate the benefits of modeling AAC for the learner.
Purchasing certificates that validate successful completion of module will be available soon. More information about graduate credit and continuing education credit will be released as approvals are secured.